These are two methods predominantly used on high-rise buildings, but not all are equally applicable in maintenance works. When erecting high buildings, metal poles and wood boards have to be assembled in order to achieve the goal of erecting the tallest buildings. It takes time and costs more to assemble the scaffolding structures. So imagine using scaffolding every time you want to perform external facade cleaning or to repaint the building. That’s certainly not a viable solution.
- Money → We have already highlighted that scaffolding is costly. Building owners invest a lot from day one of erecting tall buildings. Assembling the metal poles for about 20 floors up is not an easy task. That comes at a cost. So doing such for every maintenance work done will incur extra costs to your pockets. That’s the reason why so many buildings have been abandoned because scaffolding is expensive and not viable.
- Time → time is a critical factor in maintenance works. Businesses are in operation, so you do not need maintenance work that will halt the business completely. You may lose dollars during that time while the maintenance team is busy assembling metal poles and wood boards.
- Obstruction → it may happen that the area you want to maintain is being obstructed by the scaffolding equipment. So you will have to continually move the structure, which is of course time consuming.
With rope access, time and money are not the downsides as highlighted below:
- Money → rope access is, for a fact, cost effective. When erecting buildings, scaffolding is the viable, although, an expensive solution. Rope access is viably used where the structures have been erected already. Using the rope access saves you more money than you would spend in obtrusive equipment to an extent that maintenance can be a routine work that gives your building a much-needed restoration and revival.
- Time → With regard to time, rope access is time-efficient too. You do not have to spend a week or so trying to erect rope structures. It is only a matter of a few days that you will complete your maintenance work on high-rise buildings. All that you need is a specialist company in rope access to bring its professionally trained technicians and other equipment needed throughout the task. There’s no need to disassemble structures after use as well. The other time-efficient benefit is the non-hindrance of your business. You do not have to shut down your business simply because rope access services are to be carried on.
- Obstruction → you will be able to access any spot on the building without any obstruction. The technicians will be mobile enough to move sideways or down and upward.
So, you shouldn’t look any further when you need maintenance services for your tall buildings. Find a competent Singapore rope access company to carry over. It will save you a substantial amount that could be incurred in scaffolding structures. In a nutshell, scaffolding is both time consuming and money wasting. You cannot rely on it solely for maintenance, only for erecting the building that’s when it is viable and feasible.
How to find a competent rope access company in Singapore?
It can be challenging to find such a company given a concentrated market of self-proclaimed professional companies. The enticing part is that rope access in Singapore is a regulated profession. The IRATA certification and accreditation assures you that a certain company is qualified. They should work with qualified technicians. Find out in detail what makes a great rope access company in Singapore.
For every maintenance work, we recommend rope access instead of scaffolding. The reasons and substantiations we discussed are sufficient to see that which the best method is.